Friday 20 April 2012

Black Fireman tasered and arrested by police for being...BLACK

The Guardian is running a story today about a black fireman accusing the police of tasering him for simply being black.  Edric Kennedy Macfoy who hails from North London has has lodged a complaint against the Met. Police Inspector Bergum, present on the night of  Macfoy's assault by his team gave a reasonable explanation  to the attack:
 "I couldn't say he was anything to do with the party. The party was all black. He was black. He had driven through the cordon. I had to do a quick risk assessment." 
And with that, the handsome black fire-fighter who was wearing a clean cut pin stripe suit and driving an Audi, was insulted, tasered, bundled up and arrested.




Press for time, I must say the article didn't surprise me. What took me completely aback (a part from Mcfoy's dangerous model looks, well chiselled face and intense gaze in this picture) was the fact that black fire-fighters exist in this country. It is a narrow minded comment, but surely I am allowed a shallow moment... now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment