Monday 13 February 2012

Whitney Houston had "left" many years ago

What tragic news that befell our ears over the weekend of Whitney Houston's untimely demise.
I became aware of Whitney as a young girl in threaded hair whilst watching The Body Guard with my childhood best friend. We were enthralled by the love story of this beautiful black woman with hair like us and a seemingly dashing whiteman. Our first crush was Kevin Costner and I remained captivated by The Voice: Whitney Houston. Her songs bring so many sweet memories of my  lost carefree days as a child and a young teen. Who could forget singing and dancing to My Love Is Your Love with high school dates as we giggled like the gawky spotty teenagers we were then, promising each other eternal love?.
Sadly for over a decade, the Whitney I had known through her music had been long gone. I didn't recognise this Whitney haunted by drugs and racked by alcohol. I never did reconcile the raspy vocals which had replaced her golden baked crisp voice my ears had been accustom to over many years.
Whitney Houston, The Voice-





No comments:

Post a Comment