Sunday 13 November 2011

Celebrity Chef Lorraine Pascal Receives Racist Tweet

Source: Daily Mail


Celebrity TV Chef Lorraine Pascale  has been the victim of social media exposé after receiving racist rants on her Twitter page.
According to 38 year old Ms Pascale, this isn't the face time she has been verbally and racially abused on the social site. However due to the vitriolic nature of the message, she decided to take it further and filed a complaint with the Metropolitan Police.
We have decided not to publish the explicit message on here.
Pascale did however re-tweet the abuse, tagging her attacker.
Her followers were immediately filled with scorn reprimanding the sender in equally virulent messages.
Pascale tweet-vented her dismay to the rest of the world expressing great disappointment:

"I am hurt, shocked and saddened by the comments this person has made against me. Sadly, this is not the first time racist comments have been directed at me on Twitter. However, it is by far the worst example. I have therefore decided to report it to the police and speak out. I do this for myself and countless others who have to deal with this kind of abuse on a daily basis and are powerless to stop it."



Pascale's BBC shows have been known to attract over two million viewers.

1 comment:

  1. It's disgusting to see that in 2011, people still use such language. I'm black and I wouldn't even dare to use that language myself. The sad thing is, that regardless of whether the police deal with it, it's not going to deal with his ideas.

    ReplyDelete